Friday, January 21, 2022

THE "CANCELLATIONS" ......THE 'RESURRECTIONS"



It's been over 25 years since the end of QAF's run on Showtime...........I'd really love to see a continuation of the unwinding, convoluted story.....now that the characters are middle-aged.............What about it, Showtime....or LOGO, {it will be PEACOCK, of course...the latest Gay Interest Purveyor} a more likely candidate to do this..........Cucumber & Banana will have to do, I suppose....but what's happened to that series! {cancelled, of course} I wanted UNITED STATES OF TARA, SHAMELESS, QAF, DEXTER and a few others to just go on until the cast were at the end of their stories..........SIX FEET UNDER, so far, demonstrated the most satisfying Conclusion of these.........Shows remain only until their ratings drop....yeah, I know......It's all about the numbers....the ratings game.......I've heard that a 'reboot' of Queer As Folk is in 'next season's Lineup.....with fresh, young faces, naturally. I'm a bit surprised that Luca Guadagnino hasn't , yet, serialized CALL ME BY YOUR NAME...with Charlie Hunnan the "Oliver" role, full circle....to exploit the New Gay Sensibilities, so fashionable now.....That would be a 'bigger splash' for Peacock's streaming services, I'm sure....

No comments: