Tuesday, October 5, 2021

DANIEL'S CALLING IT A WRAP FOR HIS BOND-AGE.... WHO'S NEXT, I WONDER?

Today is the 'official' JAMES BOND DAY.......Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond, since Sean Connery........I wonder who the 'next' James will be.....Tom Hiddleston? Michael Fassbender? Henry Cavill? Or.....breaking the over half century tradition.....will 'it' be a black man? how about a woman? Idris Elba or Cate Blanchett, perhaps? Should I sell my Omegas yet? Will the newest Bond be sporting a machine-turned platinum dialed gold Breguet with guilloche.....oh...that would mean Ben Whishaw had been promoted from "Q", cut his teeth on London Spy, and beefed up for the role, wouldn't it? THAT ain't gonna happen!.....


a few years ago, Alex McDowell's wonderfully amazing production design and Hans Zimmer's soundtrack were about all I liked about MAN OF STEEL.....some great talents, brought together for yet another violent, blow-it-up flick, formulated to feed the aggressive role-playing fantasies of American Youth Culture.....What happened to any ideas we ever had about "a kinder, gentler nation"? It seems, to me, that folks just like to see things get blown to smithereens.....



No comments: