Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Sorry Greg.....After the 'edit' there remained only transparent 'leader' film.......

This morning, a "friend" commented, "Reed.....you should watch some 'more wholesome' films."......."For example?", I replied.........."Like 'Heaven is for Real', for one"....she said.....[Even after noting that the film starred Kelly Reilly and Greg Kinnear, I remained suspiciously unmotivated]..........If the film had featured Eva Green, Michael Pitt and Louis Garrel, I may have considered it........"You are victimized by your own intellectual prejudices!", she retorted...."Ok, You watch This.....(handing her the challengingly huge boxed DVD set of Jacques Rivette's 'OUT 1'......)"......."and I'll watch 'The Last Temptation of Christ'......", I commiserated. "NO FAIR!", she whined......"This "OUT 1" box says that the movie is almost 800 hours long~!"..........I figured that since she thought she'd be around forever, she had time for it....whereas, I'd be dead not so long from now, with absolutely no interest in Film........






No comments: