Monday, May 24, 2021

A DREAM FULL OF FILMS/A FILM FULL OF DREAMS



Weirdest dream of the Year, so far...... In the dream, I was hired by Lars Von Trier to write a screenplay for an Existential Bio-Pic about John Stompanato, which would 'star' Madonna, as Lana Turner......IF I could convince Daniel Craig to 'play' Sean Connery......The Dream seemed to go on and on and on......as though it were, itself, a 'realized Amra Ekta Cinema Banabo Film'.......I convinced, in the dream, Cate Blanchett, who was...conveniently enough.....in Atlanta, or wherever I was supposed to be..in the Dream...'on set', across the street...in a tree with a naked 25-year old Julian Sands...to play "Lana" and her co-star from 'Carol', Rooney Mara, to play Turner's homicidal daughter, Cheryl Crane......This 'DREAM' became, increasingly EPIC, as it unfolded into production with a Fellini-esque Crew, as my old Royal typewriter ejected reams of paper, covered with elite type......Eventually, I must have 'figured out', within the context of this elaborate concoction of dreaming, that this was just 'A Dream' and that my sweaty efforts would come to nothing; I was awakened by a pinging from my laptop....reminding me to 'plug in' to AC if I wanted to save whatever it was that I'd been writing before falling asleep into these Slumberland Antics.... Plugging in the laptop, the project that I had been writing came up, as I was asked 'if I wanted to save this'.....[My 'take' on the Life of Grace Metalious].....Scrambled eggs with pig brains for b'fast, anyone?

No comments: