Monday, August 2, 2010

SOMETHING DANCING ABOUT HER

Posted by Picasa


I've been looking for a copy of this film which was made a few years ago. Principally a biography of Pegi Nicol, it concerns the inter-woven lives of three Canadian artists, Pegi Nicol, Marion Scott and Marjorie Oberne.....played by Dana Green, Fiona Reid and Sheila McCarthy, respectively. Marjorie Oberne and I were friends for many years before her death, and we played bridge together every Wednesday night for years. I knew much about her, but she never mentioned her previous life as a Painter and was largely dismissive of her own accomplishments. Since I discovered that this film had been made and that one of my favorite actors, Sheila McCarthy, had played Marjorie, I have sought out a DVD or a showtime on IFC.....to no avail, however.......

No comments: