Friday, May 1, 2009

everyone likes fuck films......who're you kidding......



A friend asked me if any "good, mainstream films about homosexuality had ever been produced". I joking mentioned a few like LUSTER, TOTAL ECLIPSE, BILLY'S HOLLYWOOD SCREEN TEST....even the Showtime series that caused such a hullabaloo, QUEER AS FOLK....even PARTY MONSTER!..After viewing them, he commented, "they all have so much sex in them!".......I guess queers just have the corner on sex?.....Not! My friend, of course, a really closeted case himself, would relate to TORCH SONG TRILOGY, BOYS IN THE BAND, THE KILLING OF SISTER GEORGE or even BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN....and relegate "sex" to the back of that closet...And just think.....only a few decades ago, there was only hot, subliminal sex or flaming innuendo to anticipate.....I'm glad to see that as part of the past!

No comments: