Thursday, August 28, 2008

CRY ME A RIVER




it seems so odd, even now, to me that i played a 45 of Julie London singing "Cry me a River"......over and over....... i still have the album.......her stagy presence in "A girl can't help it" was really hot......for a teenager, anyway......another piece of fluff.......i was in Mexico, with my parents....who were there to hear/see Jayne Mansfield....playing the violin, i think......that does seem strange....but....that's what they told me, anyway........so i wandered the streets, buying painted clay pottery, an "aztec" mask and a monstrous carved chess set........so, i missed the "violin concert". Julie was performing in Vegas.....but we had to go to a Judy Garland concert that hurt my ears! " 'Clang, clang, clang' went the trolley". In retrospect, I should have been much more excited to hear "Julie"......

No comments: